COVID-19 Health And Safety Plan
- Please, do not come to the studio if you have a cough, fever, or are sick.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for five days, regardless of vaccination status. They may return after the five-day isolation period if they don’t have symptoms and have had no fever for the previous 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medication). Those who test positive after the five-day isolation period must extend their isolation another five days. Those with symptoms are also required to stay at home. Students who test positive using antigen or at-home tests towards the end of the full 5 days of isolation, and/or on days 6-10, are required to complete the 10 full days of isolation.
After returning from isolation, students should wear a “well-fitted” mask for five more days
- Students must come dressed and ready for class. Clothing worn over dance clothes will be placed with street shoes in the student’s designated bin.
- Students cannot change clothing anywhere within the studio.
- Students should bring the absolute minimum inside the studio.
- Students with multiple classes in one day, that are not back-to-back, may request permission to stay in the homework room.
- Students in Hip Hop classes must bring a designated pair of shoes that are sanitized and not worn outside of class.
Inside the Studio
- Facemasks will be optional for dancers inside the dance studios. We will support anyone who chooses to wear one.
- The lobby / studio will be limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- All parents / guardians, siblings, and family members must wait outside the studio.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
Classes / Classrooms
- Due to social dis-DANCING, individual class sizes may be smaller and available only on a first come, first served basis. We may stagger class times to avoid congestion in the lobby, restrooms, and hallways.
- Classes will be shortened for dismissals and cleaning:
- 45-minute classes will now be 40 minutes;
- 60-minute classes will now be 50 minutes, until further notice.
- If possible, students should use the restroom at home before coming to the studio.
- The restroom will be limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned often.
- Students will be allowed to enter through the front lobby 5 minutes before their scheduled class time. Please make every effort to arrive on time. Students arriving more than 5 minutes late may not be allowed in, since that might overlap with the intake of the next class.
- Students will be assigned a spot to change into their dance shoes and then be lined up by class. They will place their belongings in a bin which they will take with them into the classroom.
- Our waiting areas are closed, but one adult may accompany preschool dancers into the studio to help them get ready for class. Make sure your dancer uses the restroom before class. Once the dancers go into class, parents must leave the building.
- Students will be escorted to their classroom.
- Students will be dismissed from the bottom of the ramp on the north side of the studio to promote one-way traffic flow through the building.
- Students will be escorted, and dismissed, individually by their class.
- Non-driving students will be released to a parent /guardian at the bottom of the ramp at the designated time. Parents must get out of their cars to meet students; we do not want children walking across the parking lot unsupervised.
- Please be on time (or early) to pick up your student. It is crucial that we not have students waiting for parents because the staff member monitoring dismissal must leave to receive the next class.
- Payments and/or fees will not be prorated or refunded.
- Classes may be offered on Zoom if circumstances dictate that. Tuition remains the same.
- Everyone entering Alderwood Dance Spectrum must agree with, and follow, our COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan which may be updated at any time. If you have any questions, please call us at 425-771-2994 or email at AlderwoodDanceSpectrum@msn.com