COVID-19 Health And Safety Plan
- Please, do not come to the studio if you have a cough, fever, or are sick.
- Please, do not come to the studio if you have tested positive, or have had COVID-like symptoms, within the past 14 days.
- Please, do not come to the studio if you had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or has had COVID-like symptoms, within the past 14 days.
- We reserve the right to take temperatures of anyone entering the studio using non contact, infrared thermometers.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 ℉, or above, will not be permitted to enter the studio.
- Students must come dressed and ready for class. Clothing worn over dance clothes will be placed with street shoes in the student’s designated bin.
- Students cannot change clothing anywhere within the studio.
- Students should bring the absolute minimum inside the studio.
- Students with multiple classes in one day, that are not back-to-back, must leave the studio until their next scheduled class time.
- Students in Hip Hop classes must bring a designated pair of shoes that are sanitized and not worm outside of class.
Inside the Studio
- Everyone must wear a face mask which covers both nose and mouth for the entire time they are in the building.
- The lobby / studio will be limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- All parents / guardians, siblings, and family members must wait outside the studio.
- Everyone entering the lobby / studio must use hand sanitizer.
Classes / Classrooms
- Due to social dis-DANCING, individual class sizes may be smaller and available only on a first come, first served basis. We may stagger class times to avoid congestion in the lobby, restrooms, and hallways.
- Classes will be shortened for dismissals and cleaning:
- 45-minute classes will now be 40 minutes;
- 60-minute classes will now be 50 minutes, until further notice.
- Classrooms have been marked off to insure social dis-DANCING.
- If possible, students should use the restroom at home before coming to the studio.
- The restroom will be limited to students, faculty, and staff.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned after every class.
- Students will be allowed to enter through the front lobby 5 minutes before their scheduled class time. Please make every effort to arrive on time. Students arriving more than 5 minutes late may not be allowed in, since that might overlap with the intake of the next class.
- Temperatures will be taken, and students will immediately use hand sanitizer and be assigned a spot to change into their dance shoes and then be lined up by class. They will place their belongings in a bin which they will take with them into the classroom.
- Our waiting areas are closed, but one adult may accompany preschool dancers into the studio to help them get ready for class. Make sure your dancer uses the restroom before class. Once the dancers go into class, parents must leave the building.
- Students will be escorted to their classroom. Younger students will be assigned a spot in the classroom by color/shape that will correspond to their chair, bin, floor space, tumbling mat, etc.
- Students will be dismissed from the bottom of the ramp on the north side of the studio to promote one-way traffic flow through the building.
- Students will be escorted, and dismissed, individually by their class.
- Non-driving students will be released to a parent /guardian at the bottom of the ramp at the designated time. Parents must get out of their cars to meet students; we do not want children walking across the parking lot unsupervised. Parents with young children will receive a sign at drop-off for you to show at pick-up so that we can efficiently partner children with parents.
- Please be on time (or early) to pick up your student. It is crucial that we not have students waiting for parents because the staff member monitoring dismissal must leave to receive the next class.
- Payments and/or fees will not be prorated or refunded.
- Classes may be offered on Zoom if circumstances dictate that. Tuition remains the same.
- Everyone entering Alderwood Dance Spectrum must agree with, and follow, our COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan which may be updated at any time. If you have any questions, please call us at 425-771-2994 or email at AlderwoodDanceSpectrum@msn.com